Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Love Story Post 2


Have you ever had a broken heart? The kind where no matter how hard you try to forget the person they just keep coming back into your mind and heart? That just when you thought you forgot about them, BAM, there they are again? And then you swear to yourself that this is the last time, but is it really? I'm sure at one point or another all of us have had that feeling, and it isn't a very good one.

"I closed my heart to him them. I thought I had succeeded in forgetting him ten times over. Each time I was mistaken. He managed to find a way into my heart again and sabotage it form the inside. This time was the last." (99)

Erin soon realizes that she tried to forget Hunter so many times but it failed and it hurt her every time. She didn't understand why Hunter came to her school and too her classroom but he had made his way into her heart once again. This quote has a significance in the book because she claims it will be the last time she lets him get to her that this time she won't she will forget all feelings for him and that will be the end. But will Erin really be able to do that? 

We all fall into the trap of believing someone can really change and it turns out that we are wrong sometimes people can't change, but what if someone can. When someone means or meant so much to you at one point it is hard to be strong and not let them hurt you again, most of the time we let ourselves get hurt by those people. Is it right to do that? Or should we just keep forgiving the people who hurt us over and over again? 

No comments:

Post a Comment