Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Love Story Post 5


Erin didn't know what to do with herself after the shocking new she found out about Hunter, so instead of telling him she knew she thought she would play along and use him like she thought he was using her and decided she would sleep with him to get back at him. She thought if she would sleep with him she could more easily forget him but that left her more broken hearted than before.

"I smelled him and tasted him and now when I came here every night, I would think of him, which was exactly what I never, ever intended to happen." (222)

Erin is real, she is like every teenage girl who makes impulsive decisions without thinking then realizing and regretting later. But this decisions she can never take back. Sometimes we do things in the moment either to get back at someone or because we don't think, but after that we regret it and feel horrible. We do something to try to forget someone but end up making a way to remember them even more and it hurts.

What is Erin supposed to do now? She gave away apart of herself that she can't get back because she thought she was being the smart one, the one that was using the other, but it didn't end up that way. She felt worse than before. I don't know what I would do in that situation, I can't imagine what it would be like. Every day after that to come to your room and see your bed and be reminded of what happened, what you did, and what you lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment